A letter to our community from the Westford Middle School PTO
Dear Westford Middle School Families,
Teachers, staff, and PARENTS make our middle schools great schools! The WMSPTO does one fundraiser – the No-Fuss Fundraiser.
No-Fuss Fundraiser means you donate one time and save by:
1. not having ask friends, family and co-workers to buy wrapping paper
2. not having to send your kids out into the neighborhood door-to-door selling things that makes everyone involved feels awkward
3. no one has to walk, run, swim, or do anything that includes the word “a-thon”
What do we do with your donation?
1. Fund PTO meetings in Bermuda. Join the PTO today. (This is a joke, we don’t do this. We don’t have time to go to the beach because we are a bare bones group of volunteers with kids*, jobs, commutes, other volunteer obligations and please just write a check so we can spend less time asking you and more time making the programs happen.)
3. Provide students with agenda books each year.
4. Coordinate and offset costs for teacher appreciate events.
5. Coordinate, host and promote the annual faculty/student Blanchard v. Stony Brook Basketball game
6. 8th Grade Celebration – annual event for rising 9th graders includes deejay, decorations, snacks, drinks, games - an event for over 500 students funded by PTO. (Small additional donation asked to offset this large event.)
7. “Give Back Gift” to each school each year to be used at Teacher/Principal discretion. Past gifts have included climbing walls, memory gardens, and more.
Our budget to run these programs is $25,000. We ask for $50/student per year to reach this goal. If less than half of the families in our middle schools participated, we would exceed this goal. As of February 1, 2018, we have raised just under $7,000 and are at risk of losing several of the programs we have planned for the remainder of the year. WE NEED YOUR HELP!
2017-2018 WMSPTO Board
Open positions: Events (Blanchard), Fundraising, Communications, Volunteer Coordinator
*Two of your board members no longer have students in the middle schools but have stayed on to support your students because of the low turn out of volunteers to keep this organization going. We need your help!