For students, success in middle school is due in large part to support and communication between school and home. A framework for communication was created to further support a partnership of teachers, parents and students working together to ensure the best learning environment at Stony Brook. We strongly believe that communication is essential for continued success for all our students.
It is hoped that the following information will answer any questions and reinforce successful communication.
An email or a phone call is most appropriate for:
- clarification of an assignment or grade,
- questions about progress reports and/or report cards, or
- questions regarding procedures or the schedule.
At times, a team meeting with your son's/daughter's team may be more appropriate. A parent/guardian may want to schedule a team meeting if he/she would like to discuss:
- behavior concerns,
- schedule concerns,
- medical/emotional concerns,
- questions about the curriculum,
- a dramatic change in student's behavior, or
- concerns about below average grades, fluctuating grades, or a recent decline in a student's grade.
The meetings are 20 minutes in length and will include the team of teachers, the Guidance Counselor, and the parents/guardians.
If you would like to schedule a Team Meeting please:
1. Complete Team Meeting Request Form.
2. Mail or email the Team Meeting Request Form to Cathy Mucci
3. Once Mrs. Mucci has received the form, she will call to discuss a convenient conference time.